Join us on location and get real world experience on set. Help out in key roles and have an adventure along the way.
The focus of these workshops is to have some fun and adventures out in the real world while you learn and practice techniques to improve your photography and/or filmmaking. We'd love to have you join one of our crews on location!
Learn in the field.
What better way to learn and practice your skills than by being in the field on a real-world project. Join us on a project as a learner/assistant and you will be in the thick of it with us.
- Gain hands-on experience in the field on a real project.
- Learn & practice photography techniques and skills.
- Learn & practice filmmaking techniques and skills.
- Help out on a worthy cause in unique places around the world.
- Meet amazing people and have a once in a lifetime experience.
You might be wondering what you'd actually be doing on a program like this. It's hard to say exactly because each project is so different and each person has different levels of experience and ability. But in general, here are things you will most likely get to do during a project (always subject to change of course):
- Join the team during pre-production to learn about the project and what will be involved and how we are planning it.
- Learn about the gear we have and how to operate it. This could be drones, gimbals, cinema cameras, lenses, lighting, etc.
- Help load and carry gear during our journey.
- Help operate a professional level camera.
- Learn about various techniques of filmmaking and photography.
- Gain experience travelling and working in remote and difficult places.
- Plus potentially more depending on the project.
How do you join?
We aim to be fully inclusive and considerate of all people, but unfortunately we can't take everyone. This is a physically and mentally demanding type of workshop. There are long, difficult days of travelling and filming. We go to places that most people don't normally go to. There can be an elevated level of risk. With all of that considered are you still interested? Great!
If you're prepared to work hard, be committed, be open-minded, and be compassionate towards different people, places, cultures, and foods then this could be the right adventure for you.
The minimum requirements.
Because of the nature of the places we go and projects we carry out, we do have a few minimum requirements of anyone wanting to join.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Legal and valid passport for international travel.
- Valid and adequate amount of personal travel and health insurance.
- Be physically able to travel long distances and work long hours.
- Be willing to be immersed in different cultures, languages, and religions without prejudice.
- Be willing to learn and have fun out in the field with us! :)
What does it cost to join?
Because each project has different requirements, locations, and durations the price can vary quite a bit. It also depends on how long you will be joining. The best thing to do is reach out to us by email to find out more details about costs. Also be sure read all of the following terms and conditions before you pay.
Space is limited.
On any given project we only take 1 or 2 student/assistants, so be sure to join our mailing list to find out about the next available project.
Get in touch.
If you're interested please get in touch with us directly at email@example.com